High Protein Shakshuka Recipe
Looking for another clean, mean and high protein meal to add to your rotation? Instead of the usual high protein omelettes or scrambled eggs why not try a high protein shakshuka? This meal is low on carbs and loaded with protein – making it easy to fit into your diet regardless of whether you’re cutting or bulking.
- The quantity of ingredients below will net you 3 meals.
- Allow around 30 minutes to cook.
- 40 grams of protein per meal.
Here’s What You’ll Need To Make High Protein Shakshuka
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups chopped red chard
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
Here’s How To Make It…
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Heat your olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for five minutes.
- Add chickpeas and sauté for another three minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, red pepper flakes, and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add red chard and cook down for about one minute.
- Make 8 holes in the mixture, add your eggs in.
- Put your skillet in the oven for 15 minutes.