Looking for another clean, mean and high protein meal to add to your rotation? Instead of the usual high protein omelettes or scrambled eggs why not try a high protein shakshuka? This meal is low on carbs and loaded with protein - making it easy to fit into your diet regardless of whether you're cutting or bulking.
- The quantity of ingredients below will net you 3 meals.
- Allow around 30 minutes to cook.
- 40 grams of protein per meal.
Here's What You'll Need To Make High Protein Shakshuka
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups chopped red chard
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
Here's How To Make It...
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Heat your olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for five minutes.
- Add chickpeas and sauté for another three minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, red pepper flakes, and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add red chard and cook down for about one minute.
- Make 8 holes in the mixture, add your eggs in.
- Put your skillet in the oven for 15 minutes.