How To Get Out Of A Rut
Use The Following 7 Methods To Get Out Of A Rut
An hour and a half without hearing, seeing or feeling anything will have your body and mind in an extremely 'fixated' state.
Not to mention the thought processing benefits of spending time in a float tank, but the immense relaxation after a float tank session lasts anywhere up to 72 hours from my experience.
Set Micro Goals & Crush Them
Instead of trying to jump through a proverbial hoop elevated in the sky sometimes we need to lay the bar down and just jump over it - set yourself some small, micro goals and crush them.Winning a hundred small battles will build that positive momentum back up behind you and you'll be ready to crush the war, which are your big goals.
Perform Power Poses
There's no other technique I know of that can be performed literally anywhere in a minute or two and result in an almost instant increase in testosterone levels and a decrease in anxiety and anxiousness.Fake it 'till you make it.
Power poses take up space - spread your arms in the air, raise your head up as if you were Arnold and had just won the 1975 Mr. Olympia competition., you'll almost feel like you did!
Record All Open Loops
Any and every thought running through your head that you haven't draw closure to or decided what you're going to do is consuming your time, energy and often inducing unnecessary stress.
- Set several 'collection bins' for your loops, a location you can record them (phone, notebook, whiteboard etc.)
- List every conceivable open loop you may have, places to look for these loops include your computer, car, office, phone, drawers, kitchen, workplace, gym bag
- Once you've listed all loops it's time to decide upon the desired outcome
- List and proceed to take just the next step to bring you closer to that outcome for each loop... (this could mean making a phone call, going and buying a replacement item etc.)
- Record in your collection bins regularly, take action and empty those bins to reduce mental clutter
Stand On The Shoulders Of Giants (Read)
A letter to Robert Hooke, dated 15th of February, 1676 from Sir Isaac Newton contained the quote:“If I have Seen Further It Is By Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants”
Newton didn’t start from square 1, he was smart – he took over from where others left off. He learnt from both the success and shortcomings of those before him to ensure he wasn’t going to repeat the exact same thing, resulting in frustration, wasted resources and most importantly, a waste of time.
- Decide what you want
- Find out who has achieved that which you want
- Find content produced by this select group of people, whether they’re bankers or bodybuilders
- Read, consume, take notes. Find out what works and what doesn’t work
- Take action, ensuring you’re not wasting time falling for the same mistakes that those who have already reached the echelon of success have
Cold Water Therapy
The cold shower puts everything into perspective.
You no longer give up when it comes time to push out that final rep on your bench press, because you successfully endured a cold shower a few hours earlier that day which makes this last rep a breeze in comparison.
Writing 1,000 words a day is hard and the majority of the time you probably don’t feel like doing it, but you rose early that morning and took your 5 minute freezing cold shower which, without a doubt is harder and more uncomfortable than inking your thoughts on a notepad.Find Out More About Cold Showering
Besides the mental conditioning and rut-relieving benefits of your cold shower you'll also discover...
- Improved Hair & Skin
- Increased Testosterone
- Aids Post Exercise Recovery
- Relief of Depression
- Insane Energy
After stepping out of the shower you’ll feel like you’ve just ingested a double-shot espresso. Regardless of how lethargic you’re feeling in the morning, the moment that ice cold water hits your skin your heart and breathing while dramatically increase. As your body attempts to adapt to the situation at hand you’re left feeling completely energized.
You know what you have to do, you know it’s going to suck but you grit your teeth and do it anyway. Your rut disappears.